Saturday 5 May 2007

Rocking in Wroclaw




I was wondering through Wroclaw the other afternoon and I stumbled on the annual 'Thanks Jimi' guitar festival in the main square. It was really quite good, there were many polish acid-rockers making their axes sing.



This guy was quite into it. In fact he looked as if he had either put the acid in the acid-rock, or that he was drunk and crazy. He was entertaining hundreds of people with his very expansive dance moves. The move he was doing now was the showing-off-the-magic-orb move. It was quite similar, but not exactly the same as the carefully-holding-the-beautiful-butterfly-before-release move that he did earlier.


I left Wroclaw the day after, and at the train station I was amused to see this sticker everywhere. Its an official sticker of some kind, I imagine its a warning of sorts although what action exactly its supposed to stimulate I can't say. Is it just indicating that yes, an exploding pram is terrorism? Perhaps this kind of warning would put people off the age old exploding pram prank, as they could see how seriously the authorities really take it. The kids will have to find a new gag for muck up day.

No comments: